Networker

Re: [Networker] How to duplicate a client from command line? (SOLVED 99.9%)

2006-07-05 04:44:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to duplicate a client from command line? (SOLVED 99.9%)
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:39:17 +0200
Hello,

Thank you for all your answers.

Finally, I did something similar to your ideas.

Now I have the "NORMAL-Backup" group and the "HISTORY-Backup" group. The
normal backup group is scheduled every day for level backup and the weekend
for full backup.

I now only have 1 instance of every client. When I want to do the history
backup (2 times a year) I add to this group the necessary clients. All its
savesets are OK because they are the client definitions used every day.

Then, I use the command line of savegrp:

        savegrp -l full -y "1 year" -w "1 year" -G "HISTORY-Backup"

for running the HISTORY backup with the new retention/browse policy.

But, if I want to schedule this backup for a concrete day (not a week or
month schedule, I want to execute it for example next sunday), what must I
do? I can't use an schedule because I only want this backup run only one
conrete day, so using Windows AT command will work?

Thank you very much.