Networker

Re: [Networker] Stopping use of the default pool

2006-06-30 10:19:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stopping use of the default pool
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:18:40 -0500
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:43:53PM -0700, Sid Shapiro wrote:
> Let's pretend I'm an idiot (well maybe this is close to the truth...) I
> want to do all my backups by hitting the GUI -> group control -> Start
> backup. How do I get it to stop trying to use a device from the Default
> Pool?
>
> Suggestions saying unselecting the Default Group in the pools window don't
> do the trick. But there is some interaction between the levels setting in
> the pool window. I have to have all the levels selected in order for it to
> work. But if I do that, then It always seems to do a full backup, when I
> might like it to do some other level. So - confusion reigns.

If no levels are checked in the pool options, any level can go to that
pool.  Unless you're splitting levels between pools, (which can tricky
because things like SYSTEM STATE: are fulls even when the backup is an
incremental,) I'd recommend leaving all the level fields blank.

Check your pools and make sure only the pool you want has the group
you're working with checked, and no levels, and test a backup.  Does
that work right?

Dave