Networker

Re: [Networker] Stopping use of the default pool

2006-06-29 12:20:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stopping use of the default pool
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:18:48 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Stopping use of the default pool, Sid Shapiro...:

Occasionally it would be nice to use the nwadmin GUI  group control to do
manual backups,

You can use that same thing, even from the command line.  Search the
archives for "nsradmin" and "start now" to see how to poke NetWorker's
scheduler to start a particular group.  When you do that, you can still
use the GUI's Stop and Restart buttons.

but whenever we do this, we are always prompted to load a
device from the default pool. I have tried everything I can think of to
have it only use a device from the specific pool that I want to be used,
but nothing works.

In the GUI, Under Media->Pools, select the pool you want used, and click
the checkboxes for all the groups that should be able to use that pool.

I can't remember if NetWorker forbids modifying the "Default" pool so that
all the groups you have defined are UNchecked, but try doing that too.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the