Networker

[Networker] SOLVED: [Networker] Terminate savegrp while allowing current savesets to complete? (or, RAP Error...)

2006-06-29 05:26:21
Subject: [Networker] SOLVED: [Networker] Terminate savegrp while allowing current savesets to complete? (or, RAP Error...)
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:21:11 -0400
I'm happy to say the problem has been resolved.

Stuart Whitby gave me a couple commands to gather data, and in the process I noticed that 2 of the 4 entries for this host were missing - they appear in the GUI, but not from the command line.

I simply deleted the "missing" entries and added them back, and the backup is now running.

I forgot to mention that I'm running 7.2.Build.172, so if it was a bug in 7.1, it still exists there. I'll have to see about updating to 7.2.2.

Why deleting the contents of /nsr/tmp ever worked, I have no idea, but the people here said that's what Legato suggested and it worked. Simply restarting the server wasn't enough...

-Brian

Brian O'Neill wrote:
We need to back up several NAS hosts (Windows front ends) on an irregular basis, and occasionally we get errors when trying to start a savegrp session with one of them (random one):

* nas02:I:\blah save: RAP error: Unable to extract resource info for client nas02.

The only references to this error are with regards to cluster nodes, which this is not - its a straight-up windows host as far as the backups are concerned.

Shutting down legato, wiping out /nsr/tmp, and restarting seems to resolve the issue.

Alas, we're in the middle of backing up two of them, and I need to get the third started because of a deadline.

I'd like to be able to terminate the current backups, but allow them to complete all the savesets that are in progress so that there is less to do later...is this possible?

And if anyone has a way to get around the RAP error without terminating, I'd like to hear it... :)

-Brian

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

"signoff networker" in the