Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving away from Networker

2006-06-26 16:43:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving away from Networker
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:49:02 -0400
You are exactly right. We have old (hardware & Software) servers just
for the purpose of restoring old data. The servers and software are on a
shelf.

Argument has been made that a project could/should be to migrate the old
data to new data platforms.

With the amount of data we handle for Congress, etc.. That could be a
full time job for someone. We have access to the data now, we just need
to keep people on staff who understands Banyan Vines Servers,
Beyondmail, at one point "Happy!mail", Shark!mail and now finally
Outlook and Exchange.

Did I mention Banyan Vines File Services backed up to Legato Networker
since 1988?

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE