Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me

2006-06-22 14:29:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me
From: "Thomas, Tim" <tthomas AT CENTURYKY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:28:26 -0500
According to Legato support, you are correct in that you cannot
downgrade.  The databases are incompatible.  I have been told by Legato
support that if we did downgrade, we would have to either scan in all
our tapes as needed for restores or scan them all at once up front.
This would be time consuming but hopefully, it would be a short term
investment in time rather than the hours I spend daily troubleshooting
7.3.x.