Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me

2006-06-22 11:20:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me
From: Daniel Rich <drich AT PDI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:19:59 -0700
Stan Horwitz wrote:
> Does anyone on this list have any positive things to say about 7.3.1?

Sure -- it's better than 7.3. :)

At least in my case, it no longer takes 10 minutes every time we operate
the library load port.  Backups seem to be faster than 7.3.  Some of the
other assorted minor bugs seem to be fixed.  It also fixed a couple of
bugs we had in 7.2.1.

On the other hand, nsrmmdbd still hangs periodicly, taking out the
entire server.  Parallellism is affecting entire clients, not just
savegroups (two savegroups on the same client each with parellelism of
"n" will only run n savegroups, not n*2).  Occasionally it decides to
not mount and relabel tapes.  I can't restore from archives with
nsrretrieve, I have to use scanner and uasm.

So, it's better than 7.3, but still not as good as 7.2.1.

--
Dan Rich <drich AT pdi DOT com>
          PDI Dreamworks |  "Step up to red alert!"  "Are you sure, sir?