Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 client/server on RHEL 4 - recovery problem

2006-06-22 03:18:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 client/server on RHEL 4 - recovery problem
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:12:06 -0400
Siobhán Ellis wrote:
I would NOT recommend going to 7.3.1, certainly on Red Hat Advanced Server 3

That is good advice but our environment is RHEL4, not RHEL3. The minimum version of Networker server supported on RHEL4 is Networker 7.3.

7.3-Jumbo on RHEL4 fixed lots of the backup problems I was seeing AND 7.3.1 on RHEL4 seems to do backups, at the very least, equally as well for us. However, it's all a moot point if Networker cannot restore files properly, which is what this thread is about.

Please don't make this yet another Networker 7.3 sucks thread. It has already been well documented, unofficially admitted, and archived on the Internet for all time. No need to rehash it. :)

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin

People who take more risks than me are psycho, people who take less risks than
me are wusses -- ernunnos

"signoff networker" in the