Networker

[Networker] /tmp Solaris

2006-06-20 23:34:23
Subject: [Networker] /tmp Solaris
From: Jeff Allison <stigger05 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:20:40 +1000
Hi all I've just a request to restore a file form /tmp on one of our
solaris (2.8) boxes. I've checked and I do not appear to have any
backups of this filesystem.Hi all I've just a Hi all I've just a
request to restore a file form /tmp on one of our
solaris (2.8) boxes. I've checked and I do not appear to have any
backups of this filesystem.

I have ALL selected in the backup set
The /tmp filesystem is of type tmpfs
I backup Full every night.

Is this standard behaviour? I can see its point "if its not actually
on physical disk why put it on physical tape. But I could do with some
confirmation, as a developer left some code there and isn't happy.

TIA

Jeff Allison

BDM Network Manager
NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages
GPO Box 30
Sydney NSW 2001

35 Regent Street
Chippendale