Networker

Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Scanner Problem

2006-06-20 04:57:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Scanner Problem
From: Ali <pk4318 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:57:16 -0700
Hi Ken,

  run scanner -vv \Tape0

  This will tell you whether there is any saveset on the volume or not.

  If there is data on volume then:

  -Make sure the correct pool exists prior to scan,
  -first use scanner -m , to get the volume info in the media database.

  -Now check if the index of the client/clients exist, if not, create them
using nsrck -L2 clientname

-now you can either run nsrck -L7 client's name, or scanner -i to get the CFI

  HTH
Anders Wickström (Kentor) <Anders.Wickstrom AT KENTOR DOT SE> wrote:
  Hi Ken.

I generally have to use nsrck after a scanner -i to get the information
browsable.
You might want to use -i (lowercase) as networker is somewhat picky when it
comes to size.

/Anders

(First time I've seen scanner and quick in the same context :)