Networker

Re: [Networker] one of our IBM LTO1 too slow

2006-06-19 11:06:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] one of our IBM LTO1 too slow
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:00:46 +0200
Hi,

thanks to all who replied. Hmm, I tested the drive with bigasm, it worked well with a newer tape. But when I use older tapes, write rate drops 'as usual', but this older tape is written at full speed in one of the other drives.

Anyway, I will replace that drive with a LTO2 drive soon. :-) Yes, it will be an unsupported mixed media installation then.

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the