Networker

[Networker] Working Model

2006-06-15 09:58:25
Subject: [Networker] Working Model
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:04:03 -0400
> On Behalf Of Maarten Boot
>
> Ethical? Its a perspective.
>
> For us as customers, ethical would be if the company that
> produces Networker backup software (what ever its name) would
> share all known problems and their known workarounds and
> fixes as freely as possible.

Microsoft, Open Source and EMC... They all have the same working model.
A moderate Alpha/Beta period then sell it to the public to really test
it in the field. <Grin>

Because they have gotten away with it, we get new versions (which we
whine to get sooner btw) much sooner. Note I whined that I wanted 7.3.1
NOW, ok well I got it but now I will get the functioning 7.3.1 when
7.3.2 comes out in September (when it was planned to be released
originally).. <Grin>

So you see I got my way and EMC is doing what they said they were going
to do anyway. They said the code would not be ready for prime time until
September and they are appeasing me (customers) at the same time.

We can not complain about the product not being Q & A ready and complain
that we don't have it NOW too... Well we can but we don't come across on
an even keel.

Food for thought, hope you don't get food poisoning! <Grin>

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE