Networker

[Networker] Can 32 bit server read tapes from 64 bit server?

2006-06-12 09:29:43
Subject: [Networker] Can 32 bit server read tapes from 64 bit server?
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:13:30 -0400
I will be migrating a Solaris platform Networker to a Red Hat Linux
platform server in the near future.  For reasons other than Networker,
we would like to run the Linux box as a 64 bit OS.  I also have a
separate Networker installation on 32 bit Linux that may be called into
play to read tapes from this new 64 bit installation.  Can that be done
or do they have to be the same?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information