Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker support for OES

2006-06-09 11:22:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker support for OES
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:22:10 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Networker support for OES, Ryan Tassotti said (at...:

I have logged an RFE with EMC Support to get Networker 7.x to fully
integrate with Novell Open Enterprise Server.  ie. to use the linux
TSA's that Novell provide for eDirectory rights backup.

If you are considering the use of Open Enterprise Server, can I suggest
that you add your name to the 'list' of sites for this RFE.

Do you have an RFE number or something, so we can let them know exactly
what it is we're saying "Me too!" on?

We've heard that there has only been one customer so far that has
requested that NetWorker support NSS volumes under Linux, and that until
there are more requests, EMC has no plans to support NSS under Linux.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the