Networker

Re: [Networker] Slow Win2k backup with lots of files

2006-06-07 14:43:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slow Win2k backup with lots of files
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:43:20 -0700
> > I think that other person meant that maybe there'd be a way
> > to use the "update" function within nsradmin to update the
> > client's list of savesets to be backed up, in an automated fashion.
>
> I have no problem scripting nsradmin, but what does updating the client
> record more frequently accomplish?

I read the message not that it needs to be terribly frequent, but that
it needs to be automated so that human intervention isn't needed to pick
up new folders.

The frequency just gives the maximum time that can elapse between the
creation (and population) of a folder and having it hit the backups.
Daily would probably be sufficient in most environments.