Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client

2006-06-01 13:28:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:26:43 -0400
On Jun 1, 2006, at 11:46 AM — 6/1/06, Faidherbe, Thierry wrote:

What did you put as arguments of nsrxchsv.exe ?

Normally, you have to force like "nsrxchsv.exe -c <virtualname>"
for forcing client name to be used and touching
a 0 byte "pathownerignore" file under the bin sub-dir on both nodes.

Thanks. The name of the Exchange service node is in our active services directory, but I have tried every permutation of IP address, hostname, clustername, etc. No go.

Scott Bingham's suggestion of trying a bios name is probably the only one I didn't try yet. I wasn't aware that a cluster service has a bios name. How would I identify that bios name?

"signoff networker" in the