Networker

Re: [Networker] Undefined expires dates in mminfo report

2006-05-31 15:36:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Undefined expires dates in mminfo report
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:35:18 -0400
Dag Nygren wrote:
I would start by checking one of the tapes for the savesets:
mminfo -q volume=ANG707L1 -r "name,ssretent,ssflags,totalsize"

Here's what I get, which looks all okay to me.

# mminfo -q volume=ANG707L1 -r "name,ssretent,ssflags,totalsize"
name                          retent     ssflags     total
index:linux.ibm.com           08/31/2006 vrF       2229200
index:linux.ibm.com           08/31/2006 vrF       2229200
/var/ftp/restricted/suse      08/30/2006 vF   537320264184
/var                          08/30/2006 vF   296524804604

That said, after narrowing down a problem to a client issue where backups fail to start, or start failing during a backup, with the error message "Probe job had unrecoverable failures" I decided to try the installing the 7.3 Jumbo patch recently posted on the list.

Now mminfo -m reports show good expires dates instead of undef. Go figure. Was it the NW 7.3 restart? Was it something fixed in the 7.3 Jumbo patch? Was it just a simple nsrck on NW start up that fixed it? Who knows. I'm still wondering just who "esgreleng" is over at EMC and why they're making such oddly packaged RPMs.

Thanks for the help.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin

"signoff networker" in the