Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file and veritas volume manager / file system

2006-05-30 20:48:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file and veritas volume manager / file system
From: Kyle Oliver <k_f_o AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 17:48:07 -0700
You did not mention what version of Solaris you are
running, but you should be aware that there is a 2TB
filesystem limit for versions of Solaris prior to
Solaris 9 Update 4.

SAM-FS seems a little extreme, but I have never priced
it out vs. vxfs.  Depending on your implementation
timeframe and version of Solaris, you may want to
consider ZFS, Sun's soon to be released vxfs killer.

-Kyle