Networker

[Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client

2006-05-30 16:59:50
Subject: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT temple DOT edu>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:57:26 -0400
Until today, I knew nothing about Microsoft clusters. Now I have to set up a NetWorker client on an MS Cluster that's running Windows 2003. I have all the licenses I need, but I am not sure about how to configure the groups. The NetWorker server is running 7.2.1 under Solaris 9, as are the two nodes in this cluster.

On page 56 of the Windows Administrators' Guide, it lists some steps to install only the NetWorker client software in a cluster, but what do I do after installing the software? Also, on the same page, it says in section 3 to add the hostname and user of each node into the following client resources attributes of the virtual clients, Remote Access and Administrator. I do not see an administrator client resource; that resource only shows up for the NetWorker server.

How do I distinguish between a NetWorker virtual client and a NetWorker physical client?

I can get the cluster item to back up, but it only shows the Q:\ drive in the savegroup report. Shouldn't I see information about the virtual nodes' disks as well, and also the private disks on each cluster node? I think something is missing in my understanding of how this cluster configuration works and administrators guide spends most of its coverage on clusters explaining how to set up a NetWorker server that's clustered, but that is not what I am doing here.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

"signoff networker" in the