Networker

[Networker] NetWorker tape duplication

2006-05-27 19:06:09
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker tape duplication
From: Richard Hoare <richard AT DATA4U.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:03:42 +1200
 NetWorker's

Has anyone successfully duplicated a NetWorker tape via an external
application?

We can successfully clone a tape to send offsite.

We would like to make an exact copy of the original, rather than a clone.

We have tried applications like emag's "Media Merge PC" and Novastor's
"Tapecopy".

Both of these applications duplicate the media, though when you run a
scanner -v across the duplicated volume, NetWorker reports and error that
the record numbers do not match.

i.e. wanted 650, got 651 etc

Block level comparison between the original and the duplicated media looks
the same.

The software was configured for variable input with a maximum size of
131072.

Has anyone successfully done this with the UNIX command DD?

Regards

Richard