Networker

Re: [Networker] [I] Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Client backs up, but index has problems...

2006-05-27 17:53:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] [I] Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Client backs up, but index has problems...
From: "King, David" <dking AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:53:24 -0400
Were you able to do the restore?

David L. King

-----Original Message-----
From: Legato NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU]
On Behalf Of Wood, R A (Bob)
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:40 AM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [I] Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Client backs up, but index has
problems...

Brian,
        I saw something similar to this sometime last year. There the client
had been created using the short name and DNS was not configured properly (so
the alias field didn't automatically get populated).
        The backup appeared to run, indexes were (apparently) browsable but
nothing appeared in the required volumes field. In this instance they ended up
with 2 separate index files one with the long name and the client detail and
the other with the short name and the media detail. Because the name had been
entered in the alias field the index browsing 'module' could see both sides but
the 'restore' module (and the 'requied volume' module) don't appear to use the
alias field so only 'see' part of the information.
        Our cure was to delete both index files, delete and recreate the client
entry, make sure both names in alias field before first backup then back up.
Your incorrect DNS entry the cause of the problem.

Regards
Bob