Networker

Re: [Networker] Microsoft Cluster on 2003

2006-05-27 02:46:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Microsoft Cluster on 2003
From: Ali <pk4318 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:44:05 -0700
Hi Kathleen,

  First, you should verify that the data did backup successfully from virtual
node (mminfo -av virtual_node_name) .  I am assuming that the cluster backup
was configured correctly (physical nodes and virtual node, remote access list
etc).   The system state or any other SYSTEM databases do not backup from the
Virtual node.

HTH,

Kathleen <kathleen_scalise AT ML DOT COM> wrote:
  We are running on Windows 2003, NetWorker 7.2.1.Build.311 Power Edition/10
This is what we are trying to do.

We are trying to backup and recover our cluster DB on a Windows 2003
cluster. The backup seems to run OK for the â??System Stateâ??. During
recovery it says it is recovering the cluster database but at the end we
get this message:

Received 23 matching file(s) from NSR server `jax1mcfsl1n2.amrs.win.ml.com'

Recover completion time: Thu May 25 10:38:54 2006

recover: Failed to restore the cluster database (unforced): 57

recover: Other cluster nodes may be active.

recover: The quorum disk signature may have changed.

The second node of the cluster has the cluster service stopped and Legato
stops the cluster service on the node running the recover. Do you have any
insight into this or should we be using VSS services?

This number changes with each test.
recover: Failed to restore the cluster database (unforced): 57

Anybody have any ideas??

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.