Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrmmd bug?

2006-05-25 13:48:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrmmd bug?
From: Jim Ruskowsky <jimr AT JEFFERIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:48:00 -0400
Though I don't know the syntax for setting the parameters on Linux,
you should look into increasing the number of pending connections
for your tcp listener.  There should also be a corresponding number
of incomplete pending connections.  I was having some RPC connections
failing on my solaris system.  Default for was 128.  For reference - here
is how I increased these params in Solaris

ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_conn_req_max_q 1024
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_conn_req_max_q0 2048

Hope this helps

Jim

Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA> wrote on 05/25/2006 01:31:35 PM:

> Good morning to all,
>

> Has anyone experienced/seen this error on their backups?
>

> 05/25/06 01:25:31 ansrd: chunk2 to nsrmmd failed
> 05/25/06 01:25:31 ansrd: RPC error: RPC send operation failed.  A
> network connection could not be established with the host
>
> Can you please provide any info on what's causing this and any
> possible resolution.
>

> Server environment:
> Legato NetWorker v7.2.2 on Red Hat Linux ES 3 - Dell PowerEdge 2850.
>

> Thanks in advance,

Jefferies archives and reviews outgoing and incoming e-mail.  It may be
produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation.
Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result
of  transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited.