Networker

Re: [Networker] OLDEN DAYs

2006-05-25 13:22:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] OLDEN DAYs
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:26:30 -0400
I still remember a girl running around a corner she hit me full speed.

Cards POPPED in the air like a nuclear explosion at a popcorn factory.

She was late for her computer class and there must have been (what
appeared like) thousands of cards now all over the hallway.

She cried for two hours... I did get a date out of it though. /shrug

Remember Notching Diskettes (5 1/4" FDD) so you could flip them over and
use the backside?

I remember the fist 1 MB FDD I ever saw, connected to a C-64. I bought
it put my entire software collection on it and put it on my
Color64-BBS.... <sigh> Mammories... Dang the spelling of that song!
<Grin> /ALE