Networker

[Networker] Can't change media type to LTO3

2006-05-19 22:20:48
Subject: [Networker] Can't change media type to LTO3
From: "Gibbons, Kim" <kgibbons AT MPR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:19:58 -0400
Running Legato 7.2.1 build 311 on Unix Solaris 8.0
Just updated from 6.1.3 build 428

Update went smooth with no errors.  Devices, Client indexes, etc made it
through the update intact.

Now, I'm unable to change the media type to LTO3 for either of our 2
drives.
A "man nsr_device" states valid media types and LTO is not included,
though I know that LTO3 support is one of the bugs fixed in 7.2.1
(according to the "bugs fixed" PDF).

When I try to specify the media type LTO3 with nsradmin I get "media
type is a read-only attribute".
When I try to choose the media type LTO3 in nwadmin I get the same error
in a dialog "media type is a read-only attribute".

Just FYI: we've been running LTO3 drives with old Legato version - have
been overriding the capacity, but would like to speed things up a bit
now...

So, how do I specify the media type of LTO3 for the drives?

Help! And thanks in advance!

~ Kim