Networker

Re: [Networker] Save Sets Limitation

2006-05-10 14:13:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save Sets Limitation
From: Rodney Rutherford <rrutherf AT tripos DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:04:55 -0500
Actually, I already have multiple instances backing up different
parts of the data.  These are actually my NAS NFS filesystems that
I am backing up over NFS, and due to the size/type of the filesystems
and data, it had to be broken up at the directory level to get
any reasonable performance out of it.

My incrementals were taking close to a day to complete when
done at the filesystem level, they now complete in under 4 hours.

I ended up writing a script to automatically generate the saveset
info for each of these filesystems, and update the client configs
on a nightly basis prior to the backup running.  This has made
managing it simple and straightforward.

Rodney

Fazil Saiyed wrote:
Not sure how are you keeping track of all the savesets, other options
would be to create secound instance of the client and load balance the
savesets.

"signoff networker" in the