Networker

Re: [Networker] BKP_Via 3rd party Scedular_Savegrp

2006-05-10 07:56:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] BKP_Via 3rd party Scedular_Savegrp
From: Ali <pk4318 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 04:41:33 -0700
If you use nsradmin in your script from client side to kick off the group, its
same as running savegrp on server.

  HTH

Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM> wrote:
  Hello,
I have plan to implement backups via control M, i have designed a scripts
as below, i just want to run it by you so you can share any exp and
correct any issues the script may have.
My enviroment is Networker server and SN both Windows 2003, Adic I2K fiber
attached, DDS & LTO2 tapes.
My Goal:
1. Run all backups via control M for better error reporting\alearts.
2. Want to Define and use any Schedule at client level ( not group),
directives, browse\retention etc, in other words for now, i just want to
kick off the group via Control M vs Legato, still keep all client and
group association, configuration.
3. Not lose any reporting capabilities i.e Detail tab of Networker GUI.
4. Make use of all client attribute as defined and not have to add any
addtional scirpts etc for savegrp.
Concerns:
1. Will i still inherit Auto start\restart, and all other group attributes?
2. What schedule will the Control M use, will it be client ( My test
indicate it's clients schedule that is being followed vs groups) ?

I belive the script below is correct, please check and let me know.
savegrp -v -r 2 -G TEST > D:\scripts\LOGS\BKP_SAVEGRP\run_WEB_DC.txt 2>&1

starting at 1&cent;/min.