Networker

Re: [Networker] "inquire" still reports removed jukebox - why?

2006-05-09 03:47:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] "inquire" still reports removed jukebox - why?
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:44:26 +0200
Quoting Michael Coxe <mcoxe AT OPSWARE DOT COM>:

Hello folks,

/etc/LGTOuscsi/inquire returns information about a SCSI
jukebox that has been removed from our server.

system:  Solaris 5.7, Networker 6.1.4

This stuff no longer attached:
----------
[email protected]:SONY    SDX-500C   01  |Tape
[email protected]:SONY    SDX-500C   01  |Tape, /dev/rmt/5cbn
[email protected]:SPECTRA 215        1010|Autochanger (Jukebox)

Any suggestions on how to make this go away?
I want to attached another device on this SCSI bus.
I tried an "/etc/LGTOuscsi/lreset 2" but no luck.

What does "/etc/LGTOuscsi/lrescan" do? No details in command
reference, via google or search of Networkers archives.

Regards,

  Michael Coxe
  Opsware, Inc
  <mcoxe AT opsware DOT com>

Hello,

we've experimented this kind of behaviour with AIX 5.2 and NW 7.1 : the silo was not visible althought it was connected and in use (!), drives (SDLT-320/FC) not
visible...

Without explanation. Even if there is an option (-l) which is more verbose (and
more 'investigator')...

The support said that there were no system tables involved in the discovering
processus. But, looking at the behaviour, it is sure that this command take
informations in system tables.

So we have received an new version of inquire (and jbconfig because it work in
the same way) to discover correctly the topology of our san (LGTpa83594.tar).

Regards.

Denis

"signoff networker" in the