Networker

[Networker] skip directive and backup levels

2006-05-03 10:38:57
Subject: [Networker] skip directive and backup levels
From: Bill Hewitt <bill AT INF.ED.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:31:52 +0100
If I have 2 groups one of which does a skip or a null for /disk/filesystemA

If group one that runs at 4am does a skip of /disk/filesystemA but a level 9 of everything else and group two that runs at 2am does an incremental backup of /disk/filesystemA

When the second days backups run should group two backup all files that have changed since ~2am the previous day ? I would expect this to happen.

The skip happens because filesystemA has a .nsr file at its head with +skip: * (could also be +null: *)
group 2 ignores .nsr files

What looks to be happening is that group one marks that it has done a level 9 backup of the filesystem with nothing in it and the incremental is relative to the level 9.

Would it be better is the skip was done from directives instead of a .nsr file ?

"signoff networker" in the