Networker

Re: [Networker] Automated scanner using jukebox

2006-05-02 20:39:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automated scanner using jukebox
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 17:35:32 -0700
> Unfortunately I am limited by the Windows 2k3 command line...

Ah.. unfortunate.

You can of course get expect for windows if necessary.

> I have tried doing an mmrecov however it fails to find a bootstrap saveset
> on tapes (I know from a bootstrap printout that there is in fact a valid
> bootstrap on the tape I tried) I suspect this is because I was using a
> current version of legato (7.1.3) and the tapes were from legato 5.X.X
> Does anyone on here know if later version of Legato are backwards
> compatible when doing mmrecovers?

It should be.  Can you do a scanner -B on the tape?  Does it report
finding any bootstraps?

If you suspect you have one, I would be willing to spend quite a bit of
time on attempting to pull that information in before giving up and
running scanner on tons of tapes.