Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 7.3.1 due in June 2006 , maybe

2006-04-29 01:19:30
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 7.3.1 due in June 2006 , maybe
From: Eric Haupt <eric.haupt AT FTICONSULTING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 01:18:16 -0400
I just got back from EMC World in Boston yesterday and in a couple of
sessions it was mentioned that 7.3.1 may be available in June. It was
interesting because as a policy EMC ( and most vendors ) are tight lipped
about release dates. On Monday and Tuesday of the conference when asked
about 7.3.1 the EMC engineers would just say "we can't tell you, but soon",
by Wednesday afternoon I guess they were tired of being asked and they
started saying "June". No details of what issues\bugs will be addressed or
what new features would be available. But it seemed clear that they were
well aware of the concern over 7.3 . I'm not trying to start any rumors,
just wanted to relay this info in case it may help anyone with their planning.

- Eric