Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Backup Advisor???

2006-04-29 01:10:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Backup Advisor???
From: Eric Haupt <eric.haupt AT FTICONSULTING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 01:06:44 -0400
We purchased EMC Backup Advisor last fall and I deployed it with NetWorker
7.2.1 in November. I think it is a great product. Not difficult to install
or get started. It is the WyseDM product OEM'd by EMC. It will also collect
data on NetBackup and BackupExec, very useful as we did a migration to
NetWorker. It has tons of colorful graphs, charts and reports that you can
configure, schedule and generate. Just the kind of stuff most management
craves. In particular there is a nice dashboard summary report that will
show all of your hosts and a green/red ( successful/failed ) for the
previous night ( day, week, whatever ).
It is not cheap. I recommend getting an eval license from EMC and testing as
well as review the install and user guide. I doubt that most engineers on
this list serve would need three days of vendor professional services to get
this product up and going.

HTH,

- Eric