Networker

Re: [Networker] excluding only the SYSTEM STATE:\ save set possible?

2006-04-27 16:15:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] excluding only the SYSTEM STATE:\ save set possible?
From: Shyam Hegde <hegde.shyam AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:41:48 +0530
Hi Tyronne,

Legato Support talks about various possibilities for this sort of issue,
*#1:*
Note: Fact: Windows 2003
Fact: NetWorker
Fact: Backup succeed when nsrexecd run with Domain Admin Account
Symptom: Problem backing up SYSTEM STATE:
Symptom: Error: 'SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Cannot save Registry key
SECURITY: 0x00000006'
Symptom: Error: 'SYSTEM STATE:\ COM+ Registration Database - Error saving'
Symptom: Error: 'SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Error saving'
Symptom: Error: 'SYSTEM STATE:\ save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode
arguments'
Change: Upgraded the OS from Windows 2000 to 2003
Cause: The problem related to some security patches from Microsoft
Fix: Apply the latest Microsoft Hot fixes
*#2:*