Networker

Re: [Networker] two clients with same name

2006-04-27 11:13:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] two clients with same name
From: Kobus Bensch <kbensch AT FULLNET.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:10:31 +0100
Hi

Well, we have a data centre with 21 W2K forests. Each forest has some 8 ad trees that is not seen by any other server or tree. Across these servers they have the same netbios nmae i.e. server1 but different domain names.

We have the same problem and our support comapny said that it is not possible on 7.x because the manual says so and EMC says so.

So unles anyone else has a better answer i reckon the answer is no.

Kobus

Jim Thorsley wrote:

I have two clients with the same hostname on different subnets. They are
'mirror.admin.csd.uwo.ca' and 'mirror.syslab.csd.uwo.ca'. mirror.admin
has been around for a long time and works fine. When I added mirror.syslab
I get this error on the next backup session:

mirror.admin.csd.uwo.ca:L:\ save: SYSTEM error: client `mirror' is not
properly configured on the Sun StorEdge(TM) Enterprise Backup Server

Neither entry in nwadmin has 'mirror' as an alias. They are both named
with their full name. mirror.admin is a Windows XP box while mirror.syslab
is running Fedora Core 4.

Is this telling me I can't have two clients with the same hostname even
when they're on different subnets?

-Jim

"signoff networker" in the

"signoff networker" in the