Networker

[Networker] Sun/Emulex HBAs and Solaris 10

2006-04-23 09:01:27
Subject: [Networker] Sun/Emulex HBAs and Solaris 10
From: Ty Young <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:57:10 -0400
All,

I just received the last part of our new bkup system, consisting of

2 x Sun T2000 servers (one as a NetWorker server, and one as a storage
node)
1 x StorageTek L500 library (4 x LTO3 drives)
1 x Brocade 4100 switch
2 x Sun/Emulex dual-port 4Gbit HBAs

The configuration we've chosen is to drive two tape drives with each
T2000, and hook the library robotics (also FC) onto the first HBA port.
The switch has been zoned this way and the drives and robotics are being
seen by the appropriate hosts.

My question is this.  Shouldn't there be an entry in some sort
of /kernel/drv/*.conf file to bind the tape drives' WWNs to the HBAs?
I'm new to FC-connected drives, so I may not be asking an intelligent
question.