Networker

Re: [Networker] Extending Browse and retention policies

2006-04-19 12:22:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Extending Browse and retention policies
From: Jim Ruskowsky <jimr AT JEFFERIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:19:54 -0400
You need to obtain the ssid's of each saveset (use mminfo for this)

Once you have a list of savesets - you can change the browse and retention
for each one with "nsrmm"

nsrmm -S [savesetID] -w [browsetime] -e [retentiontime]

Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
04/19/2006 12:02:31 PM:

> I have been asked to extend the browse and retention policies (legal
> requirements) on NDMP backups. NW version is 7.1.2 build 325 on Solaris
8.

> The browse and retention policy was 1 year. Leagl requirement make them
> 5years now.... can I change the policy on existing tapes?

Jefferies archives and reviews outgoing and incoming e-mail.  It may be
produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation.
Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result
of  transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited.