Networker

[Networker] CAP door locked?

2006-04-19 10:24:59
Subject: [Networker] CAP door locked?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:22:21 -0400
Hi,

We have a Storagetek L80 tape library connected to a storage node server (Dell PowerEdge, running RedHat). Today I went to add 2 tapes to the CAP door only to notice that the GUI panel on the library says:

STK L80-Ready
CAP:Locked

There's normally a button I use to open the door, but it won't release the door. The User's Guide says that this message means that the host has issued a software command that locks the CAP until a previous command is completed. I don't recall doing anything on this library or the host that would have caused this behavior. I've never seen this occur during the entire time we've owned this library (several years now). There have been no changes to the jukebox configuration on the primary server. I opened the main door, added my tapes, and the library went through its normal init cycle, but when it completed, the CAP door still remained locked. Should I reboot the host and power cycle the library?

George

"signoff networker" in the