Networker

[Networker] Backing up Hyperion server with ESSbase

2006-04-18 14:05:58
Subject: [Networker] Backing up Hyperion server with ESSbase
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:00:52 -0400
A department here has something called a Hyperion server that houses data in something called ESSbase. They want to have their data backed up to the NetWorker 7.2.1 server that I manage. This server is on our nightly backup schedule, but they get errors in their backup script. This is on a Windows 2000 box.

I have googled and searched the NetWorker knowledge base, but no information on this subject comes up. This department has also retained the services of a consultant who is supposed to be an Hyperion expert,
but his efforts in the area of backups have not been fruitful.

I am wondering if anyone on this list can point me toward best practices for doing Hyperion backups via NetWorker.

"signoff networker" in the