Networker

[Networker] SAVE vs SAVEPNPC or SAVEGRP BACKUPS

2006-04-10 16:06:35
Subject: [Networker] SAVE vs SAVEPNPC or SAVEGRP BACKUPS
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:05:21 -0400
Hello,
I am contamplating running all my backups via Control M schedular.
Questions:
1. Which of the above program is more suitable.
2. Will savegrp be able to apply my Directives.
3. How will i apply addtional parameters such as VSS OFF if i use savegrp.
4. I have to be able to backup incremental during the week and FULL over
the weekend, am i better off using Built in schdedule or useing levels.
5. How will be reporting via Networker GUI be effected & also the logs.
6. Will troubleshooting problems become harder in this enviroment.
7. Does any one have scripts already written that you can share.
8. How would i apply all the options ava to group resource via cmd line
backups.
Thanks