Networker

[Networker] Strange Problem with Windows backup

2006-04-08 09:11:31
Subject: [Networker] Strange Problem with Windows backup
From: "YUUNI, OSAY OSMAN" <o.yuuni AT AFDB DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:57:47 +0100
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with one of my windows servers.  There is an
application on the server that requires drive mapping.  A drive T: is
mapped to a folder on the f: drive, drive U: is mapped to another folder
on the F: drive etc.  In my networker saveset I have put F:\ to be
backed up.  The size of drive F:'s data is about 77GB, however when a
full backup is completed I get only 13GB.  The only skipped folders are
users folders containing files making up not up to 1GB.  I'm not sure
what's happening.  I've also tried backing up the mapped drives with the
same result.  On drive F: I have the following shared folders which are
mapped to drives:

Summit_t mapped to drive t:

Summit_U mapped to drive U:

Both are on physical drive F: which I specify in the saveset.  The
combined size of data in these folders and the rest of the drive make up
about 77GB but I always get 13GB backed up with no errors except the
skipped user folders.  I have tried a saveset of All to no avail.  I am
not using any directives.

Have anyone got any idea why this is happening?  Any ideas on how to get
around this will be appreciated.

TIA