Networker

[Networker] General Backup Question

2006-04-07 09:09:28
Subject: [Networker] General Backup Question
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:05:43 -0400
Hello,
I think you can verify the first backup, however, this may slow down things
a bit,  i have seen that option under networker user program, not sure how
you would apply accross the board.
Also, tape drives themself do have  CRC and other check mechenism to ensure
good backup, keeping clones onsite is a good suggestion, my whole problem
with cloning is the time it takes to do it, by that time you would have
lost your backup window.
Perhaps best way to achive this is with VLT such as ADIC Pathlight, where
you can retain the backup data for number of days for onsight recovery and
still meet your backup windows and send tapes offsite.