Networker

Re: [Networker] V7.3 with LLM checked and installed with another NetWorker server running v7.0 pointed at the LLM

2006-03-30 16:07:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] V7.3 with LLM checked and installed with another NetWorker server running v7.0 pointed at the LLM
From: "Ballinger, John M" <john.ballinger AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:02:24 -0800
Oscar,

We have EMC NetWorker support (Jeanette & Oscar) saying the auth code
should be the same as entered into the LLM and the expire date should
say never or..
I think they're wrong as that's not our experience.

But we have v7.0 running with an Enterprise Enabler installed locally.
And now we are deleting that base enabler and aiming the v7.0 NetWorker
servers at our v7.3 server that is running LM and we see with the
command
        lgtolic -s "::1" -l
that it has checked out a NetWorker license and a UNIX clientpak license
but sometimes it's asking for an update enabler and we haven't upgraded
- been running v7.0 for literally years.  It's just that we are going
from a local license(Enterprise Enabler) to the LM.

Anyone else have some thoughts/experience on this ?

Thanks - John