Networker

[Networker] DiskXtender Backup

2006-03-27 12:19:05
Subject: [Networker] DiskXtender Backup
From: "Narkinsky, Brian" <Brian.Narkinsky AT DEP.STATE.FL DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:13:05 -0500
I am trying to backup some files that are on a DiskXtender partition.
I don't have enough space to back it all up at once (obviously or why would
I use DX)

My idea is to

1)      copy the specified files  to a temporary directory on a non DX
partition
2)      back the files in the temporary directory up
3)      Delete the temporary directory
4)      run a drive scan to reclaim the space on the DX extended partition

Thoughts?  Any Idea how to run a drive scan from a script?

Brian