Networker

[Networker] DDS_SN_Implimentation

2006-03-22 09:07:17
Subject: [Networker] DDS_SN_Implimentation
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:05:58 -0500
Hello,
Not haveing done this before i would like to get an openion.
I have Adic i2k LTO2 Master Legato server with 8 drives, 4 DDS licences.
I will have one storage node server, all windows hosts & W3K servers.
Tape library and Storage node will be SAN attached to Brocade switches.
My qeustions:
1. When i create the lib on Master server with Jbconfig do i create all 8
devices, how will i assign 4 to the storage node ?
2. How do i decide which Drives get assigned to SN server among the 8 i
have, do this 4 then have to be zoned in for the SN server.
3. Do i create Devices on SN or Master server to assign it to SN, i.e rd=SN
\\.\Tape4.
4. How do i enable NDMP and which tape devices i chose among the 8, one
with DDS on or OFF.
5. How will DDS, NDMP effect avalibilty among SN, Master server.
If you have any example or scripts etc that you have done this let me know.
Thanks