Networker

[Networker] Groups and schedules missing following install?

2006-03-21 18:06:56
Subject: [Networker] Groups and schedules missing following install?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:04:44 -0500
Hi,

I just installed 7.2.1 on a new Solaris 9 box and recovered the bootstrap from our old Solaris server (runs NetWorker 6.1.1) using mmrecov. Everything appeared to run OK, but I don't see any of our groups or schedules when I launch nwadmin from the new server. However, I do see all our volumes, and everything under the 'Save sets' window looks valid, showing all our clients, etc.

I do see the following older files under /nsr/res (I assume from the mmrecov):
servers
nsrla.res
nsrjb.res
nsr.res

and these newer ones from the initial install:
nsrwizclnt.res
.nsr
nsrdb/

I can grep for our groups and schedule names, so I know they're in these older res files. Why do they not show up? How do I get them to?

Also, it's my understanding that the client indexes are not brought back via mmrecov, so I will either have to copy them over from the old server, or recover them from tape. Will they show up in the client listing at that point?

I should note that the bootstrap on the older server was saved to a file type device and recovered the same way on the new server because we don't have a tape device or library on the new server, and we're planning to use only a storage node. The new server was given the same host and IP address as the old server, and the old server was temporarily shut down before installing the software on the new box in order to avoid IP conflicts. We only run backups at night, so we'll be playing around with the new server during the day and then shutting it down and then bringing up the old server to run our backups in the evening. The old server will be permanently shut down once we have finished all out testing and setup on the new box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

"signoff networker" in the