Networker

Re: [Networker] Nightmare scenario

2006-03-20 06:00:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Nightmare scenario
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:59:59 +0100
Hi Per,

An aborted saveset cannot be recovered. Nor even a single file.
As the backup is aborted, NetWorker considers that data is not
relevant and not reusable (because is incomplete).

Using "Scanner -I" will not help, -I being to rebuild index.
But to rebuild index, SSID must not be aborted.

You can eventually give "scanner |usam" but have serious doubt
about it, something like

If backup is stored on a [adv] file device, it will be
cleaned out for preserving device space.

HTH,

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/