Networker

Re: [Networker] Reports / MMINFO

2006-03-17 10:22:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reports / MMINFO
From: Kevin Maguire <kmaguire AT ESO DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:19:39 +0100
Hi

The question for Patrick S. Howard is what the 3 party needs.
if all they need is:
machine: my-finance-server, full backups every week and incr otherwise.
then that is what must be produced

Put another way, if its a bureaucrat asking, use nsradmin to output
the schedules.

If it's a techie asking, use mminfo. :-)

But it'll be the techie who gets fired when it turns out the policy
wasn't being met for who knows what reason.  I, like many I suspect,
fight a continual battle to "inform" the bureaucrats of the reality of
backups, what it means we can do when sh!t happens, and what we can't.
I'd use this question as an opportunity to again register any "issues"
around the "solution" in place, like the fact that 3 days in the last
week/month/year the system(s) was offline due to hardware/software
failures, and no backups were made.

Kevin

"signoff networker" in the