Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore-only tape drive setting?

2006-03-16 12:22:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore-only tape drive setting?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:14:02 +0100
Yes, setting a drive to read only will prevent the device to be
used for backup operation but does not prevent the device
to be used for the read part of the clone operation.

If you want to be sure the device will never be used nor for backup
and nor for clone purposes, you have to select (in clone pools)
all the devices that may be used for cloning EXCEPTED the
"forced read-only" ones you want to keep idle for recover.

Another alternative is to set them in "read-only" and "serviced"
without altering pool cfgs. When needed, just put them back "enabled"

HTH,

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/