Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 - Staging and Cloning

2006-03-08 18:38:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 - Staging and Cloning
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:36:00 -0000
Heh.  Read it again.  It's not the saveset retention period which is applying
to the clone saveset, it's the clone retention period which is applying to the
original saveset when the "Clones" checkbox is ticked.  So for something like
saving to media in a virtual tape library with a retention period of 2 weeks in
the short term and cloning off to physical tape to be held for 3 months, the
data would be held on virtual tape for 3 months as well.  Unless you use
nsrclone -y manually from command line/script, that is.

Cheers,

Stuart.