Networker

Re: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system

2006-03-07 14:09:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system
From: jortiz AT houston.rr DOT com
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:08:27 -0600
Rob,

This error is not because you don't have a pool for that tape.  NW
normally won't care about pool assignments when you are just
inventorying or trying to load/relabel a tape.

I do that frequently as I have to deal with tapes from different
servers, platforms and versions of NW.  I always use "nsrjb -ln -S
slot_number -f tape_device" for loading for scanner or "nsrjb -LN -S
slot_number -b pool_name -f tape_device" without problems unless there
is something physically wrong with the tape, it's barcode label or the
drive itself.

The error appears to be a hardware one.  You don't mention your media
type but it may be that there is something physically wrong with the
tape or the drive,  It may also be that the media is the incorrect type
for that particular drive.  Check the tape to make sure that there is
nothing physically wrong with the casing.  Can you inventory your
existing tapes in the library without errors?  Can you label a new,
unformatted tape in that drive?

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.